Monday, October 15, 2012

Falling Leaves & Sausage Dip

I forgot how busy our falls are every year, I mean of course there is always the usual... football watching, Tailgating, Halloween and candy giving, colder nights, changing leaves, Scarowinds with my Dad and the brother, etc. But this year we also have J is playing softball on Monday's and Wednesday's, I'm working out at Omni after work some nights, we started our small group on Thursdays, it's busy, busy!

I'm really looking forward to Scarowinds with my Dad and brother, this year will be third year that the four (including J) have gone. I'm hoping we can mess our schedules enough in order to be able to go. It's the only tradition aside from family vacation that we have together, so it means a lot to me.

Tonight I started the 4th week of my interval training for my race in November, four sets of run five minutes and walk one. Rebekah, J's cousin, came with me and ran along side me it was nice to have someone to talk to while warming up and it spurred me on make sure I completed all the sets. We're meeting up at the gym again tomorrow so that she can show me some of the machines and how to use them, she's in college right now working on her personal training degree. Fingers crossed she moves here when she graduates in December.

Saturday I made some Sausage Rotel Cream Cheese Dip, I highly encourage you to try it as a tailgate food or something to munch on when you  have friends over!


Ingredients:
3 (8oz) blocks of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 (16oz) Jimmy Dean Sausage
Directions:
Brown your sausage, drain.
Pour everything together in a crock pot or saucepan and heat through. Serve with tortilla chips, a baguette or whatever floats your boat. Keep warm while serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment