Thursday, October 11, 2012

Weekly Doldrums



Stress: a state of bodily or mental tension resulting from factors that tend to alter an existent equilibrium

It’s been a busy week, especially at work. I swear by the end of the day on Tuesday until Thursday at lunch this week I really experienced the doldrums in my cube… you know the doldrums where you can’t figure out how you’re going to get through the rest of the week and accomplish all of the stuff you need to and your head… well it just MIGHT explode?  This week I literally can’t get the scroll bar in my email to go away, it’s terrifying at times. Especially when you come back from lunch and have 17 MORE emails awaiting your reply… It’s safe to say I’m more than ready for the weekend, can I get an AMEN?

The good news is that while I’ve been feeling super stressed, heading to the gym last night to run was the biggest stress reliever. Currently, I’m training for the Color Run 5K in November and I’m working on some interval training over the next few weeks so that I can (**Fingers crossed**) run 3.1 miles without walking. That’s my goal and I’m hoping I can do it. I’m only on week 3 right now, next week is going to be brutal…

Another stress reliever I’m looking forward to? Fellowship with our eGroup tonight at Starbucks and Grey’s Anatomy! This is only our third wee at eGroup but I know it’s exactly where God wants us to be. I definitely think we’ve found an amazing married couple mentor in Daniel and Emily and I can’t wait to get to know them better.

Hope you’re all having a good week. Sadly no recipes to post about this week, haven’t had time to cook but I will say my mom made some amazing post roast and mashed potatoes for us on Tuesday, yummmmm! I may have to experiments with a post roast soon, just saying.

1 comment:

  1. Where is the 5k??

    I miss you...I'm ready for Wednesday and Thursday night with you all to myself!!!!!!

    Baptism soon...super excited and dinner with y'all at y'alls house on calendar. A week without you is like a week without wine...NO BUENO!

    ReplyDelete