Monday, September 19, 2011

The way you look tonight

Rachel and Brandon’s wedding was beautiful! Congrats you two, I can’t wait to see what happens in the years to come…. Maybe some babies?! (Side note: I know I was in my sister in laws wedding in August and never posted any pictures but no pictures have appeared on Facebook for me to post, I’m hoping she’ll post some soon!)


I’m so glad that I got to be a part of their special day and while I’m sad to see them leave Charlotte for good, I’m kind of jealous that they’re going to Seattle to live.
Before I met J, I never had any intentions of living anywhere near where I grew up. I wanted to stay in Greenville or move to GA and go to grad school and then move to some big city and be a graphic designer. That seems like a lifetime ago to me sometimes when in reality it was only 3 years ago. Yes, I still want to go to Grad school but I think that’s a dream I’m probably never going to be able to fulfill due to the fact that school is expensive and we’re still suffering from my undergrad expenses…
While Grad school may never happen, I really don’t think I want to live the rest of our lives here in Rock Hill. My opinion on the subject changes on a weekly basis I think. Sometimes I can’t imagine living or being anywhere else and other days I want to go somewhere new, just J and I to start a life all on own. Who knows what in store, all I know is that this is the plan I think God always had for me--- to meet J and move here and get married. I’ve had a lot of amazing opportunities here, so I shouldn’t complain. I can’t wait to see what other adventures he has for us!
Few things to note from the weekend:
1.) I splintered my cell phone screen, again.
2.) I’m ready for my hair to be dark again. I’m over being somewhat blonde.
3.) Clemson won and ended Auburn’s 16 game winning streak, GO TIGERS!
4.) We watched Eat, Pray, Love this weekend… my opinion is still pending. It was good from the whole, let’s find myself stand point and not take on the persona of the current guy I’m seeing but bad from the whole guru Hinduism thing as well as leaving her husband simply because she didn’t want to be married anymore.
5.) I’m thoroughly enjoying the colder weather (except in a strapless, tea length dress on Sat night…) and I’m sad that it’s supposed to be hot again this weekend.

1 comment: