Thursday, June 9, 2011

Dining Room

One of my first purchases for the house was a dining room table I found on Craigslist for a steal- $150.
4 seater, glass top with wooden base. Minus a few scratches on the chairs and A LOT of scratches on the chair seats, it was in mint condition to be 5 years old.

As you can, the previous owner had cats and they clawed at the seats. Nothing too terrible. I bought the table knowing I would be recovering the seats :)

Memorial Day weekend, my MIL (mother in law) and I went shopping for fabric and found this gorgeous neutral taupe on SALE for $4 a yard! We learned last night that 4 yards was wayyyyy too much fabric we only needed 2 yards, oh well.

We set out to finish the project last night!! My MIL brought over the staple gun and some Chinese and we went to work on the chairs. J was a huge help, honestly men are just better with tools than women are. Instead of taking off the older fabric we just covered it up with the new stuff- a trick I learned from my Mom who has recovered her share of chairs in my parent's dining room. Sadly, I forgot to take a picture of the finish product that will come later.

I want these for my dining room, they'll complete the whole room! Now if only I can find them on sale...

I'm excited to get off work today I'm having dinner with Kristin and Nikki, can't wait to catch up with them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment