Monday, June 27, 2011

Yodle lay he who...?

Friday I was offered a job at Yodle as a Marketing Consultant and today I will be accepting the position! J and I have been praying for a long time about where I needed to be career wise, I haven't been happy at The Herald in very long time--- sadly, print advertising in rapidly falling by the wayside. This job fell straight from Jesus and into my lap, and we couldn't be more excited for a new hapter in my career. It's kind of bittersweet to leave The Herald, after all they did give me a start right out of college and for that I'll be forever grateful.

The wedding pictures came in on Saturday and I literally ran out to meet the mailman as he put them in our box, J thought I was nuts! They are better than I could have ever dreamed they would be, Brett Seay is fabulous! I'll be posting them online soon so keep a look out :)

J bought me a kayak this weekend!! Another Craigslist purchase I might add. It's hot pink, ha. We've decided we want to become more active and get outside more. We're trying to find J a kayak now, fingers crossed we will soon. He's the best husband ever, just throwing that out there!


So last night even though I realize now I shouldn't have, I watched Marley & Me. Worst Decision, ever. The first time I watched it I was not a pet owner. And obviously if you've read this blog EVER you know I'm now a dog mom and I cried like you wouldn't believe throughout the whole movie. Even though it was more of a sobfest than anything else, I really love the story that shows how couples go through a lot, nothing turns out as we planned-- it turns out better and how a dog is so loving throughout everything that happens...

"A dog has no use for fancy cars or big homes or designer clothes. Status symbol means nothing to him. A waterlogged stick will do just fine. A dog judges others not by their color or creed or class but by who they are inside. A dog doesn't care if you are rich or poor, educated or illiterate, clever or dull. Give him your heart and he will give you his." -John Grogan

We love our mutt :) he makes our family whole

1 comment:

  1. April, we were meant to be twins...we are like the same person sometimes. haha

    I watched Marley&Me too...you should have just spent the night last night. I cried too and I got so emotional during the miscarriage scene (i've seen it once before but didn't remember anything). It brought back that pain and makes me want to pop babies out like nobodies business but then again no, ha.
    It is one of my favs now and it shows, like you said, how a couple goes through all sorts of things and God has the plan.
    Things turn out better then they should. I needed to watch that movie with all the things I've been thinking about as a career mom or sahm.

    ReplyDelete