Thursday, June 2, 2011

I can't believe it's June!

Can you? How has the first half of the year treated you?

Geeze, 2011 is almost half way over! But for most of this year I've been wedding planning and haven't paid attention to how fast the year has flown by so far. I loved every minute of wedding planning but man am I glad I'm not planning anymore for now, things are slowing down and I love it. Today is my sweet Mom's birthday!

Happy Birthday Mom, love you!

I made Goulash for dinner last night, ever heard of it? It's a really easy dinner to throw together and tasted great with cheese on top. My Grandmother and Mom used to make it a lot when I was little. I combined a few recipes I found on AllRecipes  plus what I remembered from Mom and Grandma and came up with this:

1 pound lean ground turkey or beef
1 (14 ounce) can stewed, crushed or diced tomatoes
2 tablespoons Garlic
1 cup tomato sauce
2 teaspoons white sugar
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 can corn
1 (16 ounce) package pasta
Directions
1.In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the turkey until browned.
2.Stir in the stewed tomatoes, garlic, tomato sauce, sugar and basil, corn and then simmer for about 20 minutes.
3.Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente, and then drain. Combine the pasta and meat mixture; toss and serve.

What have you made for dinner lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment