Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Coming along

My kitchen looks a million times bigger today because last night J hung the microwave and I supervised helped as best I could. We purchased the black Kenmore microwave off of Craiglist for a $75 steal back at the beginning of March and I am so pleased with how it looks in our kitchen. Pictures to come soon since I could J wasn't in the mood for pictures last night and neither was Buddy... oh the men in my life do not like cameras.

Look at all of that counter space now!

I'm so thankful that we are slowly making progress! With the microwave hung we are now pretty much done with the kitchen minus decorations for the tops of my cabinets, which will come A LOT later once I decide what I want to put up there. We decided last night to start a list of projects in the house and as we do them mark them off so we can see our progress, I'll probably start the list today and put it on the fridge tonight.
So far:
  • New Fan in Living Room
  • Hang old Living Room Fan in the Master
  • Hang Microwave
  • Purchase rug for Living Room
  • Hang pictures in Living Room
  • Re stain New Sofa Table & Dinning Room Table
  • Paint railing for stairs
  • Recover Dinning Room Chairs
  • Hang up Hanging Baskets on Porch
We're going to J's parents house on Saturday night for a cook out, I'm pretty excited about it since my favorite brother in law is going to be in town! I'm trying to figure out what to make, any suggestions? What's your favorite dish to bring to a cookout?

Maybe I'll test out our new Ice Creamer maker, this sounds delicious!
Vanilla Ice Cream with Fruit Blend

3 large eggs

1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
1 cup whipping cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 recipe Mixed Berry Blend or Nectarine-and-Toasted Almond Blend

Preparation

1. Beat eggs at medium speed with an electric mixer until frothy. Stir together sugar, flour, and salt until well blended. Gradually add sugar mixture to eggs, beating until thickened. Gradually add milk, beating until blended.

2. Cook egg mixture in a Dutch oven over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, 15 to 20 minutes or until a candy thermometer registers 170°. (Mixture should be thick enough to coat a spoon.)

3. Fill a large bowl or pan with ice; place Dutch oven in ice, and stir occasionally 10 to 15 minutes until custard is completely cool. Transfer mixture to an airtight container; cover and chill 8 hours. Stir in whipping cream, vanilla, and desired fruit blend.

4. Pour mixture into freezer container of a 1-gal. electric ice-cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. (Instructions and freezing times will vary.)

No comments:

Post a Comment