Thursday, March 31, 2011

So bring on the rain

Let it keep raining now, I just need it to stop in 30 days. That's right, 30 days til the wedding according to my cell phone count down! I'm just so ready for it to hurry up and get here.

I had a minor freak out yesterday but I talked to Sheila and I feel a lot better, she knew where I was coming from. I think I've been watching too much TV in the mornings honestly, like for example and you cannot judge when I say this but Sabrina the Teenage Witch left her fiance at the altar and on Teen Mom, Cory and Leah got married alright but now the tabloids are saying they're already filing for divorce. Let me clarify that I'm not going to run away at the altar and I don't believe in divorce for myself, I think I was more scared of what if something goes wrong the day of or the night before? What if the "other shoe finally drops" and something bad happens?
That's not going to happen. Want to know why? J and I have been together over two years and from the day we met even til now I know that he is the absolute best man I've ever encountered. He loves Jesus with his whole heart, he is faithful, loving, puts up with my whining, hard working, takes care of me always, very affectionate, protective, happy, funny, and there are about a million other reason but to sum it up: he is the half that makes up for all the places in my life that I lack. For example, I suck at dancing and everyone I know can testify to this but J makes me look like I know what I'm doing. He's brought me out of my shell tremendously, we've become better tither's since being together, where I am sometimes quite and shy and will let people take advantage of me- he will not. I'm so thankful that God has blessed me with such a rock as a future husband! Never underestimate our God, he will give you exceedingly, abundantly above all that you ask for as long as you're faithful to Him.

Buddy dog comes home today from the Vet! J and I are going to pick him up at 5 in York. I can't wait to see him and have him home for good, no more surgeries.

J and I are now the proud owners of a Washer and Dryer set too. Weird how excited I am about that huh? Until you buy a house that has all of your own things in it and that you bought with your own money, it's hard to understand. And J and Wayne fixed our dishwasher last night, not that it was broken but we figured out how to make the power get to it. Wayne and Kristin came over to the house last night, can't wait for their wedding in September of 2012. Praise the Lord for good friends!

Wedding things to complete:
  • Print, stuff and address rehearsal dinner invites.
  • Print and put together programs.
  • Try our tester cake this weekend for the wedding!
  • Get my dress bussled.
  • Print and frame my bridal portrait and our engagement pictures.
  • Buy condiments, buns, salt and pepper, veggie tray, and alcohol for Reception.
  • Mom to make boutonnieres.
  • Confirm Honeymoon and time off of work.

2 comments: