Things I've learned so far while planning and things to note:
- I suck at invitations. I wish I could have sent out an email invitation but that wasn't possible. It seems like there are so many steps, print them, stuff them, seal them, address them, return address them, stamp them... ugh. Not my favorite thing to do during the planning of our wedding.
- Keep all of your wedding stuff in one place NOT in 3 different places, I can't find the Mother's presents right now!
- Everyone needs a dog or a pet, something that loves them unconditionally. It really helps when you're stressed, believe me.
- When you're husband to be says he wants to help plan the wedding, what he really means is that he wants you to make him feel involved but doesn't care what the wedding is about as long as he gets to marry you at the end of the day.
- Picking out music is tricky for a reception.
- Give your mom a project during the wedding that is strictly hers. Trust me on this.
- Time flies when you're engaged, while at first it may seem like its dragging, plan, plan, plan, buy, buy, buy, finish all projects early. I can't believe it's been 7 months already.
- Esty.com is a God send for people on a budget.
- Learn to delegate. This is something I learned in college that has helped me out.