Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Dinner & Movie

Happy Wednesday to you!

It's been a slow few days, praise the Lord. Last night, I pulled together Chicken Fried Race from scratch, J seemed pleased. I'm loving cooking more and more these days, seriously is like my hobby.

Don't take this as being a stalker but I caught up on Rachel Batson's blog today--- Check it out--- it's a great read about being healthy and life in general and I can totally relate to her about where you thought you'd be in life by now versus where you actually are. I'm happy to say that I'm pretty much where I always thought I'd be minus a few things: 1.) Not going to Grad School or ending up in the field I always wanted to (Graphic Designer) 2.) I never thought I'd be living anywhere near Rock Hill. Oh well, things change and God is in charge and I'm learning more and more not to plan so much and to just.......... GO WITH IT APRIL.

Please keep us in your prayers, there's some stuff going on that could change things for us in a very BIG way... No, it's not a baby (We're in no way, shape or form ready or wanting one for a bit. Although we do love our friends ((Dana & Patrick)) who have one).... but it's wigging me out. I know God's in control but that doesn't always mean my human nature won't get in the way. So I guess, prayers for trust and direction if you think of the Reynolds :)

Tonight, I'm going out with the girls from work to see the movie.......


It's one of the only book I've read since I started dating J over 2 1/2 years ago, I'm kind of ashamed of that. I read it in 2 days while at White Lake two week ago. J called me nerd on more than one occasion while I was reading it, he hates to read. I'm secretly hoping our children love to read as much I used to. I forgot how much I loved it, so I'm hoping to start reading on a more regular basis. Maybe a goal of a book a month or something to start out? I remember in Jr. High and High School staying up after "bedtime" to read by my closet light or putting a towel on the floor to block the light into the hall so Mom and Dad wouldn't know I was up reading. I guess I am a nerd, huh?

ANYWAYS......I'm pretty pumped about a work outing, it's my first one and I've been in the professional world for over two years now sighhhhhhhhh.... We're headed to Dean & Deluca and then onto the movies afters. I'll recap the movie vs. the book later on this week.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you guys. Everything does work out the way it is supposed to. You can give me details later but just know that sometimes you have to struggle through the dark before the light is there again and it will be even brighter (is that cheesy!) Love you two!
    I don't read. I wish I did but I just don't enjoy it. I do read to Whit very often and will all the time once he understands. I commend you for reading. It is a great quality for those who do it.

    ReplyDelete