Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Life happens...

We’ve been busy is the best and easiest way to put it. 

This past weekend, J and I were in his sister’s wedding. It was a pretty wedding and my legs still ache from dancing! The sad thing is that I didn’t take any pictures--- so hopefully they’ll be posted online in the next few weeks.  Jessica was beautiful!

Last night I went to dinner with two of my favorites, Stephanie and Rachel. It’s amazing to see how much our lives have changed and are sooooo different now than they were this time last year or even a few months ago. We’re all in different places in our lives right now: I’m married, learning how to manage a home, warring off ideas of babies that people throw my way and training on a brand new job. Stephanie is in the cutest one bedroom apartment, working third shift and studying constantly for Grad School—she’ll be my rich friend in a few years :) and Rachel is wrapped up in wedding planning, selling a home and moving completely across the continental United States to be an army officer’s wife. When did all of this change? Just last year in August we were all working and watching Jersey Shore, drinking wine and discussing the future now it seems the future is upon us. Life happens when you’re making plans so they say. Things used to be so simple it seems. Now it’s like pulling teeth for us all to get together and it kind of feels like we don’t have anything in common anymore…. Sigh, being an adult sucks sometimes. 

My mom called today, my Grandma is a lot worse than she’s been letting on. It probably won’t be long now, and as sad as I am/will be when she passes, I’m almost praying that it’ll be sooner rather than later so she won’t be in so much pain. Her cancer is one of the most painful ones I think a woman can go through. Please keep her in your prayers if you think about it. I’m trying to go and visit her as much as I can, after all she helped raise me when it was just me and Mom before Dad came along. We’ve always been close but since I came home from college we’ve become even closer.

1 comment:

  1. 1. Thank you for updating your blog.
    2. Even if we have NOTHING in common any more, I still LOVE you always!
    3. I'm praying for you, your mom, your grandma. You know I'm always here if you wanna talk, need a hug or anything!! <3

    ReplyDelete